Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAETAS501A, 'Undertake organisational training needs analysis'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake organisational training needs analysis' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify organisational/ client needs
1.1. Discussions are held with clients to identify and verify client objectives, expectations and organisational requirements
1.2. Appropriate communicationand interpersonal skills are used to develop a professional relationship with the client
1.3. Existing or potential issues to be addressed are identified and analysed to determine the impact on client objectives and requirements
1.4. Resources are identified and accessed in accordance with organisational requirements
1.5. A consultationplan is developed with relevant persons and is negotiated and agreed by the client
2. Conduct training needs analysis
2.1. Reliable and appropriate methods for collecting information and data on current, emerging and future training needs are employed which make efficient use of resources
2.2. Work is analysed to determine skills and competencies required for effective performance
2.3. Information and data is gathered to determine current skills/competency profile of staff in accordance with legal/organisational/ethical requirements
2.4. Information is analysed using reliable and valid dataanalysis methods to determine skills competency match and identification of current/emerging/future organisational training needs
2.5. Conclusions on organisational training needs are supported by verifiable evidence and are consistent with research objectives
3. Provide advice to clients
3.1. Clients are provided with clear advice and recommendations on training and assessment needs
3.2. Clients are provided with options for meeting identified training needs
3.3. Feedback and comments on suitability and sufficiency of advice and recommendations are obtained
3.4. Final report is completed and presented to the client, and processed in accordance with legal/organisational requirements