Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TDMMB2907B, 'RECOGNISE AND CORRECT DETERIORATED FITTINGS AND MACHINERY'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'RECOGNISE AND CORRECT DETERIORATED FITTINGS AND MACHINERY' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and carry out maintenance procedures on fittings and machinery
Checks of vessel's fittings and machinery are organised and carried out in accordance with company maintenance schedules and manufacturer's instructions
Any deterioration of a vessel's fittings and machinery is identified and appropriate maintenance action initiated or carried out within limits of responsibility of a Marine Engine Driver Grade 2
Worn fittings, equipment parts, bearings and shafts are correctly identified and appropriate action initiated for repair or replacement
Preventative maintenance procedures are followed to reduce corrosion on fittings and machinery in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
Lubricants are applied to moving parts of vessel's fittings and machinery in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
Faulty and corroded pipework is identified and reported for repair or replacement in accordance with procedures
Appropriate assistance is provided to contractors carrying out maintenance work on fittings and machinery
Records of maintenance work are completed in accordance with established procedures
Select and use maintenance equipment and materials
Tools and equipment are correctly identified and used in accordance with OH&S requirements and equipment manufacturer's instructions
Maintenance materials are obtained, handled, prepared and applied in accordance with OH&S and pollution control requirements and manufacturer's instructions
Defective equipment and materials are identified and reported, repaired and/or replaced as required
Maintenance equipment is correctly cleaned and stored after use
Unused materials are disposed of or returned to store in accordance with OH&S and pollution control requirements, established procedures and manufacturer's instructions
Follow safety and hazard control procedures
All required safety precautions and regulations are followed when correcting deteriorated fittings and machinery
Safety, hazard minimisation and pollution control procedures and regulations are followed at all times during the work on fittings and machinery
Where relevant, procedures and precautions necessary for entry into confined spaces on a vessel are correctly followed
Personal protection clothing and equipment is used as required during checks and repair work operations in accordance with safety regulations