Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TDMMF2607B, 'ESTABLISH WATCHKEEPING ARRANGEMENTS AND PROCEDURES'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'ESTABLISH WATCHKEEPING ARRANGEMENTS AND PROCEDURES' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish bridge/engine room working systems and procedures
Watchkeeping arrangements and procedures are established as required by AMSA Marine Orders and company procedures taking into account relevant factors
The principles of bridge resource management (BRM) are appropriately applied in the establishment of watchkeeping arrangements and procedures and the development of an effective bridge working system
Composition of the watch is determined in accordance with the principles set out in AMSA Marine Orders
Bridge/engine room working systems is documented as required and communicated to bridge or engine room personnel
Manage the bridge/engine room teams
The current competency of personnel is evaluated and appropriate measures are taken to ensure all personnel have the required level of competency
Personnel are assigned in accordance with their assessed level of current competency and experience and established bridge or engine room watchkeeping requirements
Watchkeeping arrangements and procedures and are explained to assigned watch officers and other bridge or engine room personnel, and their duties and responsibilities confirmed
Fatigue management strategies are applied within the bridge/engine room management team
Watchkeeping operations are monitored and appropriate action is taken where they are found to be in breach of established arrangements, regulations and procedures