Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TDMMF3507B, 'CONTRIBUTE TO MAINTAINING A SAFE WATCH'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'CONTRIBUTE TO MAINTAINING A SAFE WATCH' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Contribute to watchkeeping procedures
Effective communication with the officer of the watch is correctly maintained at all times on matters relevant to the role of an integrated rating during watchkeeping duties
Bridge communications are clear and concise and advice or clarification is sought from the officer on watch when watch information or instructions are not clearly understood
A proper look-out is maintained at all times and in such a way as to conform to accepted principles and procedures and regulatory requirements
Lights, shapes and sound signals conform with the requirements contained in the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea and are correctly recognised
The frequency and extent of monitoring of traffic, the vessel and the environment conform with established principles and procedures
Internal and external communication systems are used in accordance with bridge procedures and manufacturer's instructions
Precautions and procedures are followed to implement environmental protection measures
Fatigue management strategies are correctly applied within the bridge management team
Respond to potential emergency situations
Observations and emergency situations are promptly reported to the officer on watch in accordance with bridge procedures
Distress signals are recognised and reported in accordance with bridge procedures