Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TDMMR207B, 'USE AND MAINTAIN DECK EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'USE AND MAINTAIN DECK EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Ensure safe operation of deck machinery
Operation of deck machinery is monitored to ensure compliance with manufacturer’s specifications, and instructions and safety requirements
Any operational problems encountered in the use of deck machinery on the vessel are reported and/or rectified in accordance with procedures
Malfunctioning equipment is identified and the nature of the fault is investigated and the outcomes reported in accordance with procedures
Coordinate maintenance of deck machinery
Maintenance arrangements for deck machinery on the vessel are organised to fulfil survey requirements and manufacturer’s specifications
Operational problems or faults with the vessel’s deck machinery are recognised and the causes identified
Identified faulty deck machinery, equipment and parts are reported as required and appropriate maintenance or replacement action initiated
Any restrictions to operations arising from identified malfunctions of the deck machinery are justified and reported as required
Arrangements are made to carry out routine lubrication and other preventative maintenance of deck machinery in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
Faulty deck machinery, equipment and parts are identified, reported and repaired or replaced as per manufacturer’s instructions and procedures
Required adjustments to the deck machinery are carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications
Records of all preventative and remedial maintenance carried out on deck machinery are completed in accordance with procedures
Ensure that safety and hazard control procedures are applied
Operation and routine maintenance of deck machinery are monitored to ensure compliance with safety regulations
Safety, hazard minimisation and pollution control procedures and regulations are followed at all times
Operational and maintenance hazards related to deck machinery use and
maintenance are identified and action is taken to minimise or eliminate risk to personnel, vessel and the environment
Action is taken in the event of failure or emergency to ensure the isolation and
security of the deck machinery and maintain the safety of the vessel and personnel involved
Vessel’s emergency and contingency plans are followed in the event of a failure or emergency involving deck machinery