Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIA5029, 'Plan and manage storage of dangerous goods and hazardous substances'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and manage storage of dangerous goods and hazardous substances' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Define objectives of required handling and storage operation
Requirements for bulk handling and storage activities are identified in accordance with workplace requirements
Current best practice and future trends for handling and storage equipment are assessed and compared to present operations
Consideration of workplace goals and present capabilities and constraints is undertaken when selecting bulk handling and storage resources
Specify equipment and system performance requirements
Bulk handling and storage equipment and system requirements are documented
Performance measures for equipment and system operations are developed and documented
Consultations are conducted with relevant employees and management to verify documented requirements
Evaluate and select bulk handling and storage resources
Range of bulk handling and storage equipment and facilities that meet specifications are researched for costs and benefits as well as potential adaptability for new business opportunities
Rating system is instigated to facilitate comparisons of cost/benefit and other qualitative properties of bulk handling and storage equipment and systems
Analysis of current employee competency in relation to required competency is undertaken and documented
Equipment is selected based on comparisons of performance specifications including cost, output, set-up requirements, maintenance and retraining
Workplace documentation is completed as required
Handling and storage requirements are documented and communicated to relevant personnel
Reports are compiled and forwarded to appropriate personnel