Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIA5061, 'Plan and organise the international forwarding of freight by road and rail transport'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and organise the international forwarding of freight by road and rail transport' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Select routing for road and rail freight transport
Requirements for international road and rail freight transport services are confirmed and clarified with customer
Critical logistics aspects of freight transport are determined, analysed and considered in planning freight forwarding solution/s
Checks are made to ensure all conventions for international road and rail freight transport are fulfilled
Special transport services advice is sought as required
Suitable routing for road and rail freight transport is selected after considering options available and analysing risks involved
Alternative routing options are identified for possible use in contingencies
Advise on and organise packaging, packing, stowage and storage of freight for road and rail transport
Given cargo type, transport mode, destination and selected route/s, suitable options for packaging, packing, stowage and storage of freight are determined
Container types suitable for road and rail freight transport and appropriate for freight type, are reviewed and appropriate options are selected
Restrictions on dimensions of containers for transport by road and/or rail are considered when selecting container types
Pricing of containers and other forms of freight packaging suitable for road and rail freight transport is calculated and advice is provided to customer
Advice is provided to customer on selection, loading and packing of suitable container types and other forms of freight packaging
Documentation required is prepared in accordance with regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures
Advice on packaging, packing, stowage and storage of freight is provided to customer
Assist in organising insurance for road and rail freight transport
Risks involved in the planned road and rail freight forwarding solution are identified and analysed
Transport and liability insurance requirements for the proposed forwarding solution are evaluated and considered
Assistance in selecting and organising appropriate insurance options is provided to the customer as per applicable regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures
Organise permits and authorisations needed for road and rail freight transport
Documentation requirements are determined for cargo, transport mode/s and selected routing concerned, including all permits and authorisations
Documentation requirements are organised and processed in accordance with standard procedures and applicable regulatory requirements
Liaise with freight forwarding global network
Appropriate liaison with agents, carriers and others in the global network and supply chain is conducted to plan and organise freight forwarding project
Appropriate information is communicated when liaising with the freight forwarding global network in accordance with regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures
Track international cargo being forwarded by road and rail transport
International cargo being transported by road or rail freight transport is tracked and traced during freight forwarding project using available systems and technologies
Problems with transit of freight identified during tracking activities are evaluated and appropriate actions are initiated to address these problems in accordance with standard procedures
Advice on progress of international road and rail freight transport project and actions taken to address unexpected contingencies, is provided to customer
Complete required documentation and records
All forms and other documentation required for planned freight forwarding project are completed in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures
Records of arrangements and transactions made are kept in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures