Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIB307C, 'Carry out vehicle servicing and maintenance'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Carry out vehicle servicing and maintenance' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Maintain and service the vehicle systems
Fluid levels are checked and adjusted following manufacturers specifications and workplace procedures
Air levels are checked and adjusted following manufacturers specifications and workplace procedures
Routine checks are made of vehicle systems and appropriate action is initiated for maintenance where required in accordance with workplace procedures
Appropriate precautions and procedures are followed when servicing/maintaining a vehicle to ensure adequate protection of the environment
OH&S procedures are followed when carrying out routine servicing and maintenance of a vehicle
Carry out minor repairs to a vehicle
Vehicle components are removed, repaired or replaced and refitted to the vehicle using the correct tools and following manufacturers instructions and workplace procedures
Tyres on vehicle are repaired or replaced following workplace procedures and manufacturers instructions
Worn brakes are identified and action taken in accordance with workplace procedures and manufacturers specifications
The need for more complex maintenance procedures is identified and the problem correctly referred following workplace procedures
Diagnose minor vehicle faults and undertake repairs for the safe operation of a vehicle
Minor faults in the vehicle systems are identified, diagnosed and repaired following manufacturers specifications and workplace procedures
Identified faults which create a safety hazard are reported and appropriate action is taken to remove the vehicle from operation pending repair
Records of routine servicing, maintenance and repairs are kept in accordance with workplace procedures