Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIC0079, 'Operate a motive power unit within defined limits'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate a motive power unit within defined limits' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Operate motive power unit
Motive power unit is operated at low speed within the defined limits of operation
Motive power unit handling techniques are interpreted and applied to eliminate or minimise risk of injury to personnel or damage to equipment and/or rolling stock
Acceleration and braking techniques are applied safely to take into account track, road and weather conditions within the defined limits of operation
Motive power unit is moved in a way that ensures all rolling stock is positioned safely in accordance with relevant codes of practice, yard or siding operating systems and related requirements
Safe operation of motive power unit is maintained in collaboration with relevant workplace personnel in accordance with operational requirements of the defined limits
Constant communication is maintained with relevant personnel when operating a motive power unit within the defined limits, in accordance with organisational procedures and regulatory requirements
Relevant personnel are advised of any changed/degraded conditions and/or emergency situations
Directions provided by relevant personnel to the limited operation of the motive power unit are interpreted and applied to driving activities, in accordance with workplace procedures and applicable regulatory requirements
Follow all applicable rail regulatory requirements
Workplace procedures to operate a motive power unit within the defined limits are used
Rail regulatory requirements applicable to operating a motive power unit within the defined limits of the track or road concerned are accessed, interpreted, clarified as required and applied