Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIC0083, 'Access rail track to travel track vehicle under a proceed authority'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Access rail track to travel track vehicle under a proceed authority' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Access rail track
Permission to occupy rail track is requested from Network Control Officer
Permission to occupy rail track is documented in accordance with Occupancy Authority requirements
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and control measures are implemented
Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is used conforming to Rail Infrastructure Manager requirements
Limits of travel are determined and agreed with Network Control Officer
Points are operated as required to gain access to the track as authorised by Network Control Officer
Situational awareness is maintained to identify local conditions and changed circumstances
Communication with Network Control Officer is maintained using communications rules and procedures
Travel track vehicle on track
Speed limit is observed for type and classification of track vehicle and type of track
Speed is varied in accordance with local conditions
Permission is obtained to pass signals at STOP in accordance with workplace procedures
Position of points are identified and operated as required to establish correct direction as authorised by Network Control Officer
Signals are identified and obeyed
Level crossing protection equipment is operated for the safe passage of track vehicle/s in accordance with workplace procedures
Vigilance system is operated, as required in accordance with workplace procedures
Unsafe situations and/or emergencies are identified, and appropriate action is taken in accordance with workplace procedures
Remove track vehicle from track
Network Control Officer is informed when track vehicle is off and clear of track
Occupancy Authority is correctly cancelled or fulfilled