Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIC2040, 'Provide wheelchair accessible taxi services to passengers with disabilities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide wheelchair accessible taxi services to passengers with disabilities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Carry out pre-operational checks on taxi
Pre-operational checks for taxi and its associated ancillary equipment are carried out in accordance with manufacturer requirements, government regulations and workplace policies and procedures
All faults and defects identified during checks are repaired or reported in accordance with workplace procedures
Communicate effectively with passengers
Appropriate communication methods are selected and used to meet the requirements of passengers with disabilities
Appropriate and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills are used including appropriate body language and language style
Effective listening skills are applied
Questions are used to gain appropriate information
Assist passengers into and out of a taxi in a manner suited to their disability
Passenger characteristics are identified and taken into account when determining appropriate assistance into and out of a taxi
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and control measures are implemented
Compatibility of passenger mobility device with taxi loading, anchoring and carrying equipment is assessed in accordance with regulations
Passengers are assisted into and out of a taxi, in accordance with regulations and workplace safety requirements
Passengers and their mobility device/wheelchair are secured safely in accordance with taxi and equipment specifications and regulations
Taxi equipment is operated and stowed in accordance with company procedures and manufacturer instructions
Ancillary equipment is stowed safely in taxi in accordance with relevant regulations
Passengers are picked up and set down in a safe and efficient manner, taking into account suitable locations and safe use of equipment
Relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements and passenger welfare are considered
Drive a taxi used by passengers with disabilities
Ongoing support is provided to passengers to maximise their travelling comfort
Taxi is driven safely in accordance with regulations for the class of vehicle involved
Taxi is driven in accordance with road and traffic conditions and with due consideration to any required precautions related to passenger disability and relevant government regulations
Signs or indicators are fixed to taxi as required
Documentation/transactions relevant to providing the taxi subsidy scheme is completed
Plan and organise daily work activities
Workload is assessed and prioritised
Daily routine is planned to take into account work schedules and network/communication bookings
Clarification of requirements of tasks is sought as required
Achievable time and other performance measures are agreed
Tasks are completed and variations to plan are identified and reported
Apply ethical behaviour
Ethical behaviour is applied to ensure any form of sexual harassment, physical or mental abuse, intimidation towards passengers with disabilities or fraudulent behaviour does not occur
Behaviour is applied that does not allow for any form of discrimination