Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIC2050, 'Operate a terminal tractor'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate a terminal tractor' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Operate a terminal tractor
Job hazards are identified and required action is taken to minimise, control or eliminate identified hazards
Vehicle is started, steered, manoeuvred, positioned and stopped in accordance with traffic regulations, manufacturer instructions and workplace procedures
Engine power is managed to ensure efficiency and performance, and to minimise engine and transmission damage
Vehicle is safely driven in reverse, maintaining visibility and achieving accurate positioning for coupling to a trailer
Trailer is coupled, tug test is performed, legs are sufficiently raised from the ground, and air and electrical leads are connected in preparation for manoeuvring, in accordance with manufacturer instructions and relevant workplace policies and procedures
Clear travel path is identified and coupled vehicle is moved and positioned in a manner safe for loading, unloading or parking, in accordance with workplace procedures
Trailer legs are lowered sufficiently for unhitching, air and electrical leads are disconnected, turntable is released for uncoupling and vehicle is safely manoeuvred from underneath trailer
Vehicle lights and indicators are used in accordance with traffic regulations, manufacturer instructions and workplace procedures
Vehicle is parked, shut down and secured in accordance with manufacturer specifications and workplace procedures
Vehicle positioning and movement are made convenient and safe for loading and unloading in accordance with workplace procedures
Associated equipment is operated in accordance with manufacturer and workplace procedures
Monitor and maintain vehicle performance
Vehicle performance is safely maintained through pre-operational inspections and vehicle checks
Performance and efficiency of vehicle operation is monitored during use
Vehicle is driven in a manner that incorporates eco driving principles
Defective or irregular performance or malfunctions are repaired as a minor repair or reported to appropriate authority
Vehicle records are maintained/updated and information is processed in accordance with workplace procedures