Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIC3032, 'Operate and monitor a passenger electric tram'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate and monitor a passenger electric tram' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare passenger electric tram for operations
Driving requirement is identified and confirmed from roster, shift card or other authorised documentation
Resources are identified and obtained, including documentation
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and risk control measures are implemented
Procedures for reporting incidents and the cancellation and non
Operate passenger electric tram
Tram is operated within specifications and organisational requirements to meet required schedules, routes, timetables and special services
Warning devices and gauges are monitored and responded to in accordance with organisational requirements
Operational restrictions established by the organisation and relevant legislation are observed
Tram is stopped in designated and approved locations and within limitations, to permit safe embarkation and alighting of all kinds of passengers
Destination signs are adjusted in accordance with work schedules
Wheelchair equipment where provided is operated when required in accordance with workplace procedures
Respond effectively to external operating factors
Instructions are verified as required, interpreted and followed, in accordance with relevant regulatory requirements and organisational policies and procedures, to ensure actions taken are appropriate and safe
Fixed traffic and hand signals and verbal movement commands are interpreted and followed, in accordance with regulatory requirements and organisational policies and procedures, to ensure that actions taken are appropriate and safe
Hazardous situations are recognised and appropriate action is taken to minimise risk to personnel and equipment
Defensive driving practices are employed at all times
Operate revenue collection systems
Ticketing system is activated, operated and updated in accordance with workplace procedures
Ticketing system defects are reported in accordance with workplace procedures
Ticketing system is closed down, in accordance with authorised organisation procedures
Operate and monitor on
Electric tram equipment is monitored and operated to maintain optimum running conditions and to identify faults, defects and deficiencies
Appropriate action is taken in response to identified faults, defects and deficiencies to ensure safe operation of tram, including communications with operations controller as required
Faults, defects and deficiencies are assessed to determine risk of damage to equipment or injury to personnel
Defects are reported and/or recorded
Safe operation and monitoring of tram is maintained in collaboration with tram crew, tram controllers and other relevant personnel in accordance with workplace requirements
Potential or actual conflicts or grievances with tram crew, tram controllers and other relevant personnel when operating a tram, are recognised and resolved in accordance with workplace procedures
Regular communication is maintained with tram crew, drivers of other passenger electric trams and other relevant personnel when operating a tram, in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Tram crew, tram controllers, drivers of other passenger electric trams and other relevant personnel are advised of operational problems, delays, safety incidents and emergency situations
Relevant information provided by tram crew, drivers of other passenger electric trams and other relevant personnel is interpreted and applied to driving activities in accordance with workplace procedures and applicable regulatory requirements
Follow all applicable tramway regulatory requirements
Tramway regulatory requirements applicable to the operation of the tram and the track or road concerned are accessed, clarified as required and interpreted
Relevant tramway regulatory requirements are applied and followed when operating a tram