Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIC3042, 'Operate coach/bus'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate coach/bus' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Job hazards are identified and required action is taken to minimise, control or eliminate identified hazards
Coach/bus is started, steered, manoeuvred, positioned and stopped in accordance with manufacturer instructions
Engine power is managed to ensure efficiency and performance, and to minimise engine and transmission damage
Engine operation is maintained within the manufacturer specified torque range and temperature, by effectively using transmission
Coach/bus braking system is managed and operated to ensure effective control of coach/bus under all conditions
Road and traffic hazards are identified and/or anticipated and avoided or controlled through defensive driving techniques
Coach/bus is driven in reverse, maintaining visibility and achieving accurate positioning in accordance with workplace procedures
Coach/bus is parked, shut down and secured in accordance with manufacturer specifications and workplace procedures
Low risk driving behaviour is applied towards other road users in accordance with workplace procedures
Monitor and respond to traffic and road conditions
Efficient route of travel is taken by monitoring and anticipating traffic flows and conditions, road standards and other factors likely to cause delays or route deviations
Traffic and road conditions are constantly monitored and acted on to enable safe operation and to ensure no injury to people or damage to property, equipment, loads and facilities
Monitor and maintain coach/bus performance
Coach/bus performance is maintained through pre-operational inspections and checks of coach/bus and ancillary equipment
Performance and efficiency of coach/bus operation is monitored during use
Defective or irregular performance or malfunctions are repaired or reported to appropriate authority in accordance with workplace procedures
Coach/bus records are maintained/updated and information is processed in accordance with workplace procedures
Vehicle monitoring devices (such as tachographs) are operated in accordance with workplace procedures
Operate coach/bus safely
Passenger positioning and dispersion is undertaken in accordance with manufacturer instructions and workplace procedures
Coach/bus doors are operated safely for entry and exit from coach/bus in accordance with manufacturer and workplace procedures
Visual checks are conducted on entry to and exit from coach/bus stops in accordance with workplace procedures
Vehicle is positioned and moved conveniently and safely for passengers embarking and disembarking, in accordance with regulatory and workplace procedures
Operate coach/bus associated equipment
Coach/bus associated equipment is operated in accordance with manufacturer and workplace procedures
Faults with coach/bus associated equipment are reported according to manufacturer and workplace procedures
Route destination is clearly displayed on vehicle in accordance with workplace procedures
Provide customer service to passengers on coach/bus
Comfort and wellbeing of passengers are managed in accordance with workplace instructions
Lost property is processed in accordance with workplace procedures
Assistance is provided for identified customer specific needs and/or luggage and ancillary equipment requirements in accordance with workplace procedures