Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIC807C, 'Drive coach/bus'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Drive coach/bus' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Drive the coach
The coach/bus is started, steered, manoeuvred, positioned and stopped in accordance with traffic regulations and manufacturers instructions
Engine power is managed to ensure efficiency and performance and to minimise engine and transmission damage
Engine operation is maintained within the manufacturer's specified torque range and temperature through effective transmission use
Braking system of coach/bus is managed and operated to ensure effective control of the coach/bus under all conditions
Driving hazards are identified and/or anticipated and avoided or controlled through defensive driving
The coach/bus is driven in reverse, maintaining visibility and achieving accurate positioning
The coach/bus is parked, shut down and secured in accordance with manufacturers specifications, traffic regulations and workplace procedures
Appropriate procedures are followed in the event of a driving emergency
Monitor traffic and road conditions
The most efficient route of travel is taken through monitoring and anticipation of traffic flows and conditions, road standards and other factors likely to cause delays or route deviations
Traffic and road conditions are constantly monitored and acted upon to enable safe operation and ensure no injury to people or damage to property, equipment, loads and facilities
Monitor and maintain coach/bus performance
Coach/bus performance is maintained through pre-operational inspections and checks of the coach/bus and ancillary equipment
Performance and efficiency of coach/bus operation is monitored during use
Defective or irregular performance or malfunctions are repaired or reported to the appropriate authority
Coach/bus records are maintained/updated and information is processed in accordance with workplace procedures