Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIF107C, 'Follow occupational health and safety procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Follow occupational health and safety procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control
Workplace procedures for dealing with accidents, fire and emergencies are known and followed
Workplace procedures for OH&S and related work instructions for controlling risks in a workplace are accurately followed
Hazards in the workplace are identified and appropriate action is taken to report them and to minimise or eliminate risk to personnel, workplace and the environment
Safety regulations and established workplace safety and hazard control practices and procedures are obtained, interpreted and applied to day-to-day work activities
Where relevant, procedures and precautions necessary for entry into confined spaces in the workplace are correctly followed
Personal protection clothing and equipment is correctly used in accordance with established safety practices and procedures
Established emergency and contingency plans are followed in the event of an emergency
Contribute to arrangements for the management of occupational health and safety
OH&S issues and identified safety hazards are raised with designated personnel in accordance with workplace procedures and relevant OH&S legislation
Contributions to OH&S management in the workplace are made in accordance with workplace procedures and provisions of relevant legislation
OH&S issues are raised with designated personnel in accordance with workplace procedures and relevant OH&S legislation
Participative arrangements for OH&S management in the workplace are contributed to within workplace procedures and scope of responsibilities and competencies
Complete occupational health and safety records
OH&S records for self are completed in accordance with workplace requirements
OH&S records and legal requirements for the maintenance of records of occupational injury and diseases are followed