Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIG207C, 'Lead a work team or group'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Lead a work team or group' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Participate in team/group planning
Requirements of a team/group task are identified and clarified in conjunction with other team or group members to ensure appropriate interpretation of specifications and in accordance with enterprise requirements
Task is interpreted and relevant steps are identified in conjunction with other team/group members to ensure efficient conduct of work to meet specifications and enterprise requirements
Steps are planned in conjunction with the work of other personnel to allow achievement of practical outcomes according to enterprise and/or manufacturers procedures
Manage and develop team/group performance
Task activities are assigned to team/group members based on their areas of competence and expertise and their availability
Team/group members are advised on symptoms and effects of fatigue, drugs and alcohol, safe lifting techniques and other Occupational Health and Safety policies
Performance measures and requirements are agreed upon between team/group members in accordance with enterprise procedures
Participate in and facilitate the work team/group
Work activity is organised and carried out with other involved team/group members and personnel using relevant communication processes to ensure safe, unambiguous and appropriate sequencing of tasks
Individuals and teams/groups are actively encouraged to take individual and joint responsibility
Document and review work team/group tasks
All necessary documentation related to job planning and progress is completed and recorded in accordance with statutory, manufacturers and enterprise requirements
The outcomes of the team's/group's task activities are compared with the planned objectives, task instructions and specifications to ensure all requirements have been met