Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIK5006, 'Evaluate software requirements and hardware enhancements'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Evaluate software requirements and hardware enhancements' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Analyse requirements for improved computer applications
Current aspects of business operations requiring improved computer technology are identified
Purpose and requirements of improved computer management systems are identified
Personnel are consulted for expert advice for potential matches of computer applications to required site operation improvements
Potential software programs are evaluated to meet workplace requirements
Software applications are investigated for effectiveness to own operation including degree of flexibility, customisation and integration potential
Selected option is circulated to appropriate personnel for verification
Level of technical support is assessed
Software application selection is made
Investigate hardware enhancements
Hardware systems are evaluated for compatibility with selected software and workplace operations
Potential immediate and long-term risks/problems with hardware are identified and assessed
Recommendations are drafted and circulated for comment
Final recommendations on suitable hardware are made
Implement system improvement
Selected hardware and software enhancements are implemented
Training is provided to potential users of the technology
Implementation of hardware and software is monitored
Measure systemic improvement
Methods of measuring system performance are identified
Software and hardware performance is evaluated
System refinements or improvements are determined and implemented
System performance is documented and reported to appropriate personnel