Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIL3307B, 'Promote effective workplace practice'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Promote effective workplace practice' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Contribute positively to the work team environment
Workplace objectives are identified, interpreted and positively promoted to associated personnel and/or work team members
Communications with associated personnel and/or work team members are effectively established
Disputes are resolved through effective negotiation with the relevant individuals or groups
Quality assurance measures are maintained, systems improvement suggestions are encouraged, and proposals submitted to relevant authorities
Observe and promote work safety procedures
Relevant statutory and workplace requirements for Occupational Health and Safety are communicated to all personnel and implemented at all worksites
Accidents and injuries are reported and investigated in accordance with workplace policy
Potential hazards and safety risks are identified, investigated and recommendations for preventative action referred to appropriate authorities
Training in programs of Occupational Health and Safety and First Aid are implemented
Maintain and promote well being of team
Prescribed medical and physical fitness criteria are promoted and maintained within the work environment
Situations threatening safety arising from physical/psychological incompatibility with the work environment are identified and resolved
Participate in competency development
Competencies required for work are identified, attained and maintained
Personal development and other competency development programs are accessed and undertaken
Competency deficiencies in personnel are identified and remedial action, including counselling, is initiated where necessary
Workplace trainer and assessor requirements are identified and satisfied