Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIL4030, 'Control a furniture warehouse'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Control a furniture warehouse' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Determine site functions and operations
Layout of furniture storage facilities, work flow and activities undertaken in each zone are identified
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and control measures are implemented
Type of storage facilities, their purpose and associated risk factors are identified
Inventory lists are accessed through record management system
Storage separations and co-storage applications are identified
Receive and despatch furniture
Furniture for storage is received and transferred to allocated storage space in accordance with workplace procedures
Furniture and effects are transferred from storage area to loading dock and are despatched in accordance with workplace procedures and customer requirements
Records of received and despatched furniture and effects are completed in accordance with workplace procedures
Inventory is updated through data entry about furniture movements into, out of, and within storage areas
Inventory data is confirmed to match furniture and effects for available storage and applicable storage requirements
Audits and stocktakes of storage areas are used to verify inventory records
Maintain warehouse security
Security of warehouse and storage areas is maintained in accordance with workplace procedures in conjunction with security personnel and with the aid of appropriate security technology
Appropriate action/s is taken in response to breaches of operational and security procedures or to an emergency/incident
Operational actions and investigative outcomes are documented in accordance with workplace procedures
Monitor storage operations
Storage areas are supervised to ensure movement of personnel and furniture items is in accordance with workplace procedures
Storage facilities are checked to ensure appropriate operational capacity
Integrity of furniture and effects is monitored to ensure appropriate condition is maintained
Deterioration in condition of furniture and effects is recorded, investigated and reported for appropriate action
Discrepancies/changes to storage requirements and/or inventory lists are noted and appropriate action is initiated in accordance with workplace procedures
Records of warehouse operations are confirmed
Records of warehouse operations are completed legibly and proofread
Records of warehouse operations are processed in accordance with workplace procedures