Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIO2003, 'Undertake loading and unloading in a designated secured environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake loading and unloading in a designated secured environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Select loading site
Job hazards are identified and required action is taken to minimise, control or eliminate identified hazards
Plans of site access, exit points and key physical features are identified
Site for goods transfer is selected in accordance with security plan and with due regard for own safety, safety of security team, members of the public and consignment
Loading site/s mandated by customer and/or specific loading and unloading requirements are identified and assessed for accessibility and security
Alternative sites are identified where pre-determined site is assessed as inappropriate
Proposed changes to loading site/s are referred to appropriate personnel and authorisation is sought as required
Undertake load transfer
Permission to enter and exit loading area is obtained in accordance with workplace procedures
Security procedures, including positioning of personnel, travelling across public areas, and carrying/loading techniques, are implemented in accordance with operational plan and regulatory requirements
Contingency plans are identified and confirmed with other team members
Environment is constantly monitored to maintain a safe working environment
Goods are identified and details are verified and checked for conformity with manifest
Non-conforming consignments are documented and reported in accordance with workplace procedures
Load characteristics are identified and considered when determining appropriate loading and unloading workplace procedures
Load handling is undertaken in accordance with loading regulations and workplace safety requirements
Consignment is delivered/stored and secured in accordance with regulatory requirements, operational plan and workplace procedures
Complete transfer documentation
Details of consignment delivery are verified by client or client representative
Documentation is completed and processed in accordance with workplace procedures