Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIP4039, 'Monitor transport operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor transport operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Determine transport requirements
Organisational transport operations arrangements are accessed
Benefits and limitations of organisational transportation modes are identified
Extent of in-house and outsourced transportation methods is confirmed
Cost benefits and customer service level between in-house and outsourced transportation methods are evaluated
Applicable legislative requirements are identified
Monitor unit loads and load building
Advantages and limitations of available transport equipment and unit loads are determined
Transport mode options are analysed to determine organisational load application, efficiency and effectiveness
Unit loads and load building are monitored for compliance with legislative requirements and organisational policies and procedures
Issues or non-compliant practices are reported, in accordance with organisational policies and procedures
Examine transport security requirements
Transport security risks are identified
Security contingencies are determined for use within the transport sector
Security breaches are reported and recommendations are made regarding security improvements, in accordance with organisational policies and procedures
Analyse transport costing
Statistical operational data is identified, to measure transport effectiveness
Organisational data capturing procedure is used in managing transport, route planning and load building
Transport cost is analysed in accordance with organisational cost considerations
Transport performance effectiveness is measured
Transport cost elements, pricing and operating costs are evaluated, and recommendations are made regarding cost efficiencies
Findings are reported in accordance with organisational policies and procedures