Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIP5037, 'Develop workplace policy and procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop workplace policy and procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Develop workplace policy
Workplace policy requirements are identified
Information is gathered from a range of sources to plan and develop policy
Stakeholders are identified and consulted as a key component of the policy development process
Policy option recommendations are made based on likely effectiveness, timeframes and cost
Identified workplace policy requirements are reflected in policy developed
Appropriate methods of implementation are agreed
Communicate workplace policy
Workplace policy and expected outcomes are promoted to key stakeholders
Expected outcomes, activities to be undertaken and assigned responsibilities are communicated to those involved in implementing the policy
Implement workplace policy
Workplace policy implementation procedures are developed and communicated to stakeholders
Strategies for continuous improvement are implemented
Responsibility to use recording systems for tracking continuous improvement is established and assigned
Review workplace policy implementation
Outcomes are documented and feedback is provided to key personnel and stakeholders
Outcomes of policy implementation are investigated
Records to identify trends that may require remedial action are monitored and used to promote continuous improvement of performance
Policy and or procedures are modified as required to ensure agreed improvements are made