Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIR4012, 'Conduct international purchasing'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct international purchasing' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Source international suppliers
Goods to be purchased internationally are identified
Potential sources of supply are researched from relevant information sources
Market structures for proposed purchases are examined
Regulations governing international purchasing are determined
Potential sources of supply are identified from research
Assistance and clarification is sought, as required, to determine and apply workplace policies and procedures, and regulations governing international purchasing of specified goods
Prepare invitations to offer for imported goods
Specifications of requirements for international purchasing of specified goods are obtained from relevant personnel and are clarified as required
Purchasing strategy most appropriate to proposed purchase is selected
Invitations to offer are developed and documented
Invitations to offer are checked for compliance with regulations, organisational policies and procedures and description of required goods
Criteria for evaluating offers are developed and documented and approval is sought and obtained for documented criteria
Approval is sought for issuance of invitations to offer prior to issuance to prospective suppliers
Prepare recommendations in response to offers
Offer documents are received from suppliers
Offer documents are assessed against documented criteria and purchasing strategy requirements
Further information is sought from suppliers, as required, to clarify offers
Offers are evaluated against purchasing criteria
Preferred offer is selected and recommendation are made for approval by relevant personnel
Approval is obtained for recommended offers
Action successful offers
Contract with successful supplier is drafted
Legal expertise is accessed to ensure legality of contract agreements
Contract is issued in accordance with approval received
Unsuccessful offers are informed of outcome of evaluation process
Arrange importation of goods
Risks in ownership and transport of goods from point of delivery to final destination are assessed
Relevant insurance cover is arranged
Agents are sourced as required to arrange inspection, packing, transport, importation, customs clearance and delivery of goods into store
Statutory and regulatory requirements including fumigation and export/import controls are satisfied
Supply and logistics channels are managed to ensure delivery of goods is achieved satisfactorily and within designated timelines
Finalise payment and contract
Advice is obtained on payment strategy to be followed
Arrangements are made to initiate currency hedging, letter of credit or payment by direct cheque or electronic funds transfer in accordance with advice received
Payments are authorised at appropriate times
Actions are taken to ensure any non-compliance with contractual conditions and specifications is rectified