Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIR5006, 'Develop, implement and review purchasing strategies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop, implement and review purchasing strategies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Determine purchasing objectives
Industry benchmarks for purchasing are researched and analysed for organisational suitability
Organisationâ€™s purchasing data and information are analysed
Consultations are undertaken with relevant stakeholders and personnel to inform development of purchasing objectives
Purchasing objectives are drafted in line with organisational goals
Approval is gained from relevant personnel for purchasing objectives
Develop purchasing strategies
Purchasing strategies are developed, taking into account legal requirements and purchasing objectives
Five Rights are included in purchasing criteria
Human resources, financial and other plans are developed to support the implementation of purchasing strategies
Approval is gained to implement plans and purchasing strategies
Changes resulting from approval processes are made to plans and strategies, as required
Implement purchasing strategies
Purchasing strategies are communicated to relevant personnel and stakeholders
Resources needed to implement purchasing strategies are identified and accessed
Support is provided to implement purchasing strategies
Implementation of purchasing strategies by the organisation is monitored
Problems and issues arising during implementation are identified and addressed
Reports are provided to relevant personnel and stakeholders on implementation of purchasing strategies
Evaluate purchasing strategies and implement improvements
Implementation of purchasing strategies is reviewed
Improvements to purchasing strategies are identified from review process
Approval is gained to implement improvements to purchasing strategies
Improvements are communicated to relevant stakeholders and support is provided to implement improvements
Implementation of improvements is monitored and reviewed to determine effectiveness of improvements