Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIS3041, 'Construct timber or composite points and crossings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Construct timber or composite points and crossings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare points and crossings
Work requirements are established to identify scope of work and resources required
Construction design or plan is obtained and interpreted
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and control measures are implemented
Required resources are acquired
Assembly area is prepared or identified in accordance with workplace procedures
Delivered materials are checked for compliance with design
Fabricate points and crossings
Structure is fabricated according to design specification
Bearers are selected for correct length, placed on assembly area and marked up, in accordance with specified design and workplace procedures
Reference rail is selected, marked up and fixed to bearers, in accordance with specified design and workplace procedures
Remaining steelwork is adjusted for correct geometry and is attached to bearers, in accordance with specified design and workplace procedure
Dimensions, geometry and condition are checked for compliance with design
Non compliances are repaired or replaced as required in accordance with workplace procedures
Prepare points and crossings for transport
Transport requirements are confirmed
Transport requirements are followed in accordance with manufacturer instructions and workplace procedures
Documentation is completed and processed in accordance with workplace procedures