Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIT307C, 'Identify and classify records to be captured'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Identify and classify records to be captured' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify records to be captured
Incoming material is categorised in accordance with organisational procedures for records which are to be captured
Storage for records including specific environmental conditions and accessibility requirements are noted and actioned as required
Activity documented by the record is identified from the elements of the record in accordance with organisational procedures
Area or action officer to which the record needs to go is identified from elements of the record or its content and staff list, in accordance with organisational procedures
Incoming material is assessed against organisational checklist to identify what material needs to be captured
Material which does not need to be registered is dealt with in accordance with organisational procedures
Where required by organisational procedures, the format/media of the record is modified in accordance with organisational requirements and procedures
Classify the record
The identified transaction/action/activity documented by the record is matched to the organisation's classification scheme
The full classification of the record is selected in accordance with the system rules and organisational procedures
The classified record is linked to other records in the system in accordance with the system rules and organisational procedures
Indexing points (cross-reference terms) are selected for the record in accordance with the system rules and organisational procedures
Register the record
Unique identifier is selected for record in accordance with organisational procedures and record keeping system rules
Record is registered into record keeping system with title, description, details of record creator, immediate location and any other control information to fulfil the system requirements in accordance with organisational procedures
Access and security status are determined in accordance with organisational procedures and documented in accordance with record keeping system rules
Disposal status of the record is determined and recorded in accordance with the record keeping system rules and organisational procedures
Record is forwarded to its appropriate location, which is recorded in accordance with the system rules and organisational procedures