Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIT507C, 'Provide information from and about records'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide information from and about records' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify range of records required
The specific information required by the user is identified from interpretation of the user's request and clarified where initial request is unclear
Range of records likely to contain the information required by the user is identified from analysis of the request
The availability of the required records is accessed using appropriate finding aids and record keeping system
Where the information required exceeds the staff member's ability to meet the request, the user is referred to an appropriate colleague or external organisation
Gather required records
Range of records likely to contain the information required by the user is obtained and analysed for the required information content
Information is extracted, where required, and information is prepared in line with the request
Specific records satisfying the requirements of the user are gathered together in accordance with organisational procedures
Records are tracked to record change in location and use by the requesting user in accordance with the record keeping system rules and organisational procedures
Any obstacles to obtaining specific records within the specified time are explained to the user and a revised timeline agreed
Interpret and administer access rules and procedures
Person requesting the record is identified and access rules and procedures category are confirmed in accordance with organisational procedures
Access restriction rules and guidelines are applied to the records requested and to match the access category of the user
Where access restriction rules and guidelines prevent access to the user, the decision is recorded and the user is informed of their rights to a review of the decision
Where partial restriction to access is determined, the portions of the records or information which must be restricted are identified and documented, together with the basis of the restriction
Provide the information in response to users' requests
Where appropriate, specific records, or portions thereof, information and/or records are protected to prevent access, in accordance with access rules and organisational procedures
Requested information is prepared for the user in an appropriate format and in accordance with the initial request and organisational procedures
All access rules, record preservation requirements, specified timelines and occupational health and safety guidelines are adhered to
The records retrieved and used to provide information are documented according to the system rules and organisational procedures