Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIU0001, 'Develop workplace policy and procedures for environmental sustainability'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop workplace policy and procedures for environmental sustainability' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Develop workplace environmental sustainability policy
Scope of policy is defined
Stakeholders are identified and consulted as a key component of the policy development process
Strategies for minimising resource use, reducing toxic material and hazardous chemical use, and employing life cycle management approaches at all work stages are included in the policy
Recommendations are made for policy options based on likely effectiveness, timeframes and cost
Organisational commitment to environmental sustainability as an integral part of business planning and as a business opportunity is reflected in policy developed
Appropriate methods of implementation are agreed
Communicate the policy
Policy, including its expected outcomes, is promoted to key stakeholders
Those involved in implementing the policy are informed of outcomes expected and activities to be undertaken, and responsibilities are assigned accordingly
Implement the policy
Procedures to implement the policy are developed and communicated
Resource efficiency continuous improvement strategies are implemented
Provision for staff training to incorporate resource efficiency procedures is made
Record systems for tracking continuous improvement in environmental sustainability approaches are established and responsibilities are assigned accordingly
Review policy implementation
Outcomes are documented and feedback is provided to key personnel and stakeholders
Success or otherwise of policy is investigated
Records are monitored to identify trends that may require remedial action and are used to promote continuous improvement of performance
Policy and/or procedures are modified as required to ensure required improvements are made