Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIU4001A, 'Implement and monitor environmental protection policies and procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and monitor environmental protection policies and procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Access information concerning environmental protection regulations and procedures
1.1 Relevant provisions of environmental legislation and codes of practice are accurately followed
1.2 Information on workplace environmental policies, procedures and programs is stored in a readily accessible location and manner
1.3 Information is accurately and clearly explained to the work team and updated according to change in workplace policy
1.4 Information about the outcomes of environmental risk identification and control procedures is provided to the appropriate personnel
2Implement and monitor procedures concerning environmental hazards
2.1 Existing and potential environmental hazards in the workplace are identified and reported
2.2 Identified hazards are assessed in relation to relevant environmental protection policies
2.3 Workplace procedures for dealing with hazardous events are implemented wherever necessary to ensure that prompt control action is taken
2.4 Hazardous events are investigated to identify causes, and control measures are implemented to prevent recurrence and minimise risks of such events
3Implement and monitor environmental control procedures
3.1 Existing environmental protection measures are implemented, monitored and reviewed
3.2 Work procedures to protect environment are implemented and adherence to them by the work group is monitored
3.3 Required improvements to existing control measures are identified, including required resources for implementation, and reported to appropriate personnel