Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIW2019, 'Apply surface coatings using a spray gun'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply surface coatings using a spray gun' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Plan surface coating process
Equipment, accessories and consumables are assembled and checked for applicability to the surface coating task/s
Safety data sheets (SDSs)/material safety data sheets (MSDSs) and/or product application and safety information are read and used to inform work practices
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and control measures are implemented
Surface coating spray gun process techniques, time and safety requirements are noted and used to inform work planning
Personal protective equipment is used/worn as required
Undertake surface preparation
Characteristics of uncoated/raw material and required surface coating materials are identified and appropriate action is taken to rectify problem/s
Workplace instructions on surface preparation of materials are followed
Surface preparation is checked for conformity with required workplace standards
Apply surface coating
Sequence of work is identified maximising potential of applied finish for the production operation
Equipment and accessories are used in accordance with manufacturer and workplace instructions
Trial applications of surface materials are made to check spray patterns, equipment operations, materials consistency and specified surface finish
Surface coating depth and coverage is checked for conformity with specifications
Surfaces are kept free of contamination
Faults/problems are identified and appropriate action is undertaken in accordance with workplace procedures
Complete workplace operations
Products are located to storage area or next production stage as required
Equipment is cleaned prior to storage
Equipment that is damaged, unserviceable or requiring service is tagged and appropriate steps are taken to arrange repair
Workplace documentation and records are completed as required