Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIW2023, 'Manufacture pallets using manual methods'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manufacture pallets using manual methods' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Plan pallet production
Pallet design is identified from order in accordance with workplace procedures
Components are identified from drawings or instructions
Number of components and quantity of timber necessary to complete order are calculated
Arrangements are made for supply and cutting of boards and components
Pallet assembly jig is selected to suit pallet design
Brand requirements are identified from drawings or instructions and suitable stencils are selected
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and control measures are implemented
Communication with supervisor and other workers is maintained to ensure efficient workflow
Set up pallet production
Appropriate work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) and other regulatory procedures are followed
Personal protective equipment is selected and worn
Equipment and components are brought to assembly area
Components are inspected for compliance with workplace quality standards
Paint and painting equipment is prepared and tested
Undertake manual pallet production
Components are checked for fit to assembly jig and a trial pallet is constructed to specifications in accordance with workplace procedures
Trial pallet is checked for conformity in accordance with workplace quality standards
Required number of pallets is constructed in accordance with workplace procedures
Faults/problems with equipment or components are identified and appropriate action is taken
Pallets are painted and stencilled to order in accordance with work specifications
Pallets are inspected and located to holding area without damage to pallet, personnel or equipment
Off-cuts, rejected boards and waste materials are directed for waste or recovery in accordance with workplace policy and procedures
Equipment is maintained and stored in designated areas
Documentation is completed in accordance with workplace procedures