Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIW3016, 'Weld rail using flashbutt welding process'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Weld rail using flashbutt welding process' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Perform pre-operational equipment checks
Detailed pre-operational equipment checks are conducted in accordance with manufacturer specifications and/or local maintenance schedules
Deficiencies with equipment are identified and rectified in accordance with workplace procedures
Relevant persons are notified of problems and documentation is completed
Prepare rail for welding
Weld location is checked to confirm suitability for welding in accordance with workplace standards
Track preparation for welding is arranged as required in accordance with workplace procedures and standards
Rail ends are prepared for welding in accordance with workplace procedures and standards
Carry out flashbutt welding
Flashbutt welding equipment is prepared for use
Flashbutt welding unit is clamped to rail ensuring accurate alignment
Equipment is operated in accordance with machine operation instructions and workplace procedures to achieve appropriate quality standard
Warning systems are monitored and appropriately responded to during operation to maintain correct functionality of equipment
Track restoration is arranged as required in accordance with workplace procedures and standards
Weld is profile-ground to ensure smooth running surface in accordance with workplace procedures and standards
Check weld conformance
Finished ground weld area is visually inspected for surface finish and defects
Finished ground weld area is checked for conformance to rail profile and geometry acceptance standards
Perform post-operational equipment checks
Post-operational equipment checks are conducted to identify defects and maintenance requirements, in accordance with manufacturer specifications or local maintenance schedules
Deficiencies with equipment are identified and rectified in an appropriate manner to maintain correct functionality of equipment
Relevant persons are notified of problems and/or documentation is completed in accordance with instructions and relevant codes of practice
Required documentation and/or record keeping procedures and processes are confirmed
Documentation and/or records are filled in legibly and proofread
Documentation and/or records are processed in accordance with workplace procedures