Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIX4034, 'Apply technical risk management systems and techniques'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply technical risk management systems and techniques' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Assist with risk assessment
Contribution is made to identify, analyse, evaluate and prioritise risks to technical integrity of the organisationâ€™s materiel
Within delegated technical/engineering authority, input is provided to develop risk management strategies and risk management plans within established guidelines
Established risk analysis methods, techniques and tools are used to assist in assessing risks in accordance with organisational plans
Reporting mechanisms for risks to technical integrity are incorporated, in accordance with organisational plans
Conduct risk control activities
Risk control activities are undertaken in accordance with organisational plans
Risks to technical integrity are acted on within technical/engineering authority or reported to others for response
Contribution is made to implementing agreed risk approaches and amending plans to reflect changing context
Opportunities are identified and reported for action in the same way as risks
Contribute to assessing risk management outcomes
Contribution is made to the ongoing review of the technical integrity of organisational materiel to determine the effectiveness of risk management activities by accessing data and available information
Risk management issues and responses are reported to others for lessons learned or application in future technical/engineering activities