Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIX4035, 'Maintain technical data and information'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain technical data and information' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Collate technical data and information
Technical data and information to be incorporated into organisationâ€™s records system are identified in accordance with data and technical information management system requirements
Technical data and information to be incorporated into organisationâ€™s information systems is recorded in accordance with data and technical information management system requirements
Technical data and information is sorted and catalogued in accordance with workplace requirements
Security and access requirements for technical data and information are adhered to in accordance with management system
Update technical data and information system
Technical data and information of direct interest to business unit is routinely monitored
New or revised technical data and information is identified and incorporated in accordance with authorised systems
Movement and use of technical data and information is updated in accordance with authorised systems
Technical data and information system is updated accurately within timeframes set by authorised systems
Technical data and information is archived or disposed of in accordance with authorised systems
Prepare reports from organisationâ€™s technical data management system
Request for reports is interpreted and clarification of content and frequency is sought as required
Reports are prepared from organisationâ€™s technical data management system in accordance with instructions or request
Format and style of reports as outlined in organisational procedures are complied with
All reports from organisationâ€™s technical data management system are prepared within workplace requirements in accordance with security and access procedures