Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIX5036, 'Manage and monitor technical data and information systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage and monitor technical data and information systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Designate detailed technical data and information use, and maintenance responsibilities
Responsibilities for technical data and information use and maintenance activities are designated to staff in accordance with approved systems framework, organisational policy and the competency of individual staff
System operational rules are devised in compliance with approved systems framework
Resources for approved budget period are allocated in accordance with policy and strategic plan
Develop key performance indicators for technical data management activities
Measurable performance indicators are developed for technical data management activities in accordance with authorised systems
Individual personnel/organisational unit data management responsibilities are identified and documented
Acceptable range of variation for compliance is determined based on data management responsibilities, applicable data management systems and organisational risk management analysis
Develop monitoring methodology
Methodology for monitoring technical data management systems rules, standards and procedures is developed based on authorised systems
Timeframes involved, means of surveillance and forms of reporting are included in methodology developed
Methodology, performance criteria and range of variation from standards and rules are submitted to appropriate authority for approval
Monitor a technical data management system
Monitoring is undertaken in accordance with approved timeframes and frequency
Staff being monitored are notified in accordance with organisational policy and guidelines
Variation from data management systems framework, rule, standards and procedures that exceed the agreed limit is noted and details of the situation are recorded
Reports relating to technical data and information use and maintenance are provided to appropriate authority in the required format and at the required intervals
Identify and respond to problems and changes
Problems and changes requiring a systematic response are identified from monitoring reports and external events
Recommendations are made for revisions to systems, procedures, and strategic plans in response to identified variations, changes and problems
Amendments to systems are devised and implementation is planned, in response to problems and changes that require a systemic response
Recommendations for systems amendments and the planning and implementation required are prepared, and approval is sought from appropriate authority
Procedures for using technical data and information systems, and subsequent alterations and amendments to the procedures are authorised, ensuring that performance indicator parameters and access rules are adhered to
Designate technical data and information creation and capture responsibilities
Responsibilities for technical data and information creation and capture activities are designated to staff in accordance with organisational policy
Technical data and information creation and capture performance targets are set within the parameters of the technical data management plan
Resources for the budget period are allocated in accordance with organisational policy and strategic plan