Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIX5040, 'Manage contracted support services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage contracted support services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Determine the scope of contracted support
Contract service arrangements are confirmed and clarified as required
Contract obligations are identified in accordance with contractual and organisational requirements
Contract authority is consulted to clarify and assist with contract administration issues
Contract service arrangement risks are assessed and responded to in accordance with contract requirements, and organisational policy and procedures
Contract supervision strategy is developed and documented to establish the environment for contractor integration and production in the workplace
Integrate contracted support with own operations
Arrangements for interaction and production between contracted personnel and organisational personnel are established
Opportunities to communicate between contracted personnel and organisational personnel are established to promote an open and productive environment
Concerns expressed by workplace and contracted personnel are responded to quickly to resolve issues and to provide an equitable workplace
Unity and cohesion are promoted to enable the integration between contracted personnel and organisational personnel
Supervise the delivery of contracted support
Workplace obligations to the contractor are monitored in accordance with the contract requirements and organisational policy and procedures
Contractor performance is monitored against service arrangements to ensure all agreement obligations are being met
Notices of contract variations are reviewed and integrated into current workplace arrangements in accordance with the contract, and organisational policy and procedures
Complaints are responded to in a manner that resolves simple issues early and close to the source of the problem
Effective communication strategies and processes are established and implemented to assist ongoing communication between contracted personnel and organisational personnel
Report on the performance of contracted support
Communication on the performance of the contract is maintained with the contract authority in accordance with contractual requirements, and organisational policy and procedures
Performance reporting is carried out in accordance with contractual requirements, and organisational policy and procedures
Contract information is maintained in accordance with organisational policy and procedures