Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIX5052, 'Determine complex customs value'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Determine complex customs value' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Apply appropriate valuation method
Situations where transaction value method applies are recognised
Situations where alternate methods of valuation apply are recognised
Situations where there is insufficient reliable information to determine appropriate valuation method, are identified and referred in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
Appropriate valuation method is selected and applied for the complex customs valuation situation identified
Variations to the order of use of valuation methods are considered and applied in accordance with the provisions of the current Australian Customs Act
Apply elements of price related costs for a customs valuation
Correct treatment of royalty or licence fee in customs value is determined and followed in accordance with the current Australian Customs Act and relevant case law
Correct treatment of commissions to be included in customs value is determined and followed in accordance with the current Australian Customs Act and relevant case law
Correct valuation method for private import of cars and yachts is determined and followed in accordance with relevant legislation, case law and current Australian customs policies and procedures
Seek valuation advice
Requirement for an application for valuation advice is identified
Valuation advice is prepared in response to identified concern
Correct legislative and case law references are included in the application for valuation advice
Post entry valuation advice to client is initiated as required
Relevant documentation is passed on to client in accordance with legislation and workplace procedures