Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIX6048, 'Manage the deployment and delivery of logistics support'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage the deployment and delivery of logistics support' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Manage preparation of logistic elements for deployment
Operational requirement is analysed to establish scope and intent of logistics support
Deployment requirements are received and interpreted to determine logistics support required
Work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements and recognised safety precautions are applied throughout operation in accordance with standard procedures
Corporate training requirements are formulated, resourced and implemented to ensure staff competence
Deficiencies in manpower and equipment are identified and organisational response is developed
Forecast shortages on arrival in operating area are anticipated and action is taken to ensure logistics support can be established and sustained
Preparation, packaging and marking of equipment and stores, including hazardous material, is managed to ensure effective and efficient movement
Movement documentation of personnel and materiel is managed to ensure it is completed
Organisational requirements are managed to ensure all personnel are ready for deployment and provided with support for duration of the operation
Instructions are prepared and issued to logistics element managers to enable them to prepare for deployment
Manage movement of logistic elements
Movement to point of departure and arrival is coordinated to ensure efficient movement of all personnel and material
Preparation of material for movement is managed to ensure packaging, containerisation and sequencing of transportation is consistent with operational need
Waivers required for movement of hazardous cargo are obtained in accordance with organisational policy and procedure
Relevant agencies are liaised with to ensure effective and efficient movement of all personnel and material
Logistics support to reception and staging area is coordinated to avoid congestion of personnel and materiel during disembarkation in operational area
Manage deployment and concentration of logistic elements within area of operations
Operational deployment instructions are received and interpreted to determine deployment requirements, tasks and operational commander intent
Logistics deployment instructions are prepared and issued to logistics element managers
Movement to deployment site is managed in accordance with operational environment and management instructions
Logistics team is sited
Operational or organisational constraints are recognised and logistics tasks are directed to align with these constraints
Activity is monitored to ensure logistics elements are conducting activity with appropriate authority and in accordance with organisational policy and procedures
Delivery of logistics support is managed to meet operational demands
Logistics support priorities are set to align activities with organisational objectives
Logistics information systems are utilised to monitor and coordinate logistics support operations and to inform decision making process
Technical advice regarding use and allocation of logistics support is provided to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of services to supported organisation
Liaison with agencies involved in the operation is carried out to ensure most effective coordination of effort
Management and stakeholders are advised when significant issues or developments arise that may adversely impact on the operation
Reports and returns relevant to integrated logistics support are prepared and issued in accordance with organisational policy and procedure
Manage extraction of logistic elements from area of operations and redeployment to home location
Redeployment instructions are prepared and issued to logistics element managers
Scaling down and withdrawal of deployment site is monitored to ensure it is consistent with operational environment and organisational requirements
Movement to departure port is coordinated to ensure it is consistent with operational requirements
Return movement to home base is coordinated through relevant authorities in accordance with organisational policy and procedures