Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEED031B, 'Develop and validate basic integrated systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and validate basic integrated systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to develop and validate basic integrated systems.
OHS processes and procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
The extent and nature of the integrated system is determined from design brief.
Safety and other regulatory requirements to which the electrical installation shall comply area are identified, obtained and understood.
Work supervisor or customers are consulted to determine which functions of the system are to be use and the parameter of each and written confirmation sought.
Software, tools, equipment and testing devices needed to carry out the work are obtained and checked for correct operation and safety.
Develop and validate basic integrated systems.
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
Knowledge of integrated systems, electrical and other services, installation performance standards, compliance methods and service equipment is applied to developing the integrated system.
System installation requirements, equipment and instructions for the integrated system are incorporated in the development.
Safety, functional and budgetary considerations are incorporated in the installation design.
Equipment required for the integrated system is selected and obtained in accordance with the developed plan and established requirements.
The required status of each function of system devices is entered and their parameters set in accordance manufactures programming instructions and customer's requirements.
Location of each device in the installation of the integrated system is documented to ensure correct operation of system functions.
Solutions to unplanned situation are provided consistent with organisation's policy.
Validate integrated system and report.
System device operations are tested in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures.
Operating anomalies are identified and corrected in accordance with established routines.
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures.
Work completion is documented and appropriate person(s) notified in accordance with established routines.