Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEED046B, 'Set up and configure basic local area network'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Set up and configure basic local area network' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to set up and configure basic local area network.
OHS processes and procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
The extent of set-up and configuration work is determined from job specifications and in consultation with appropriate person(s).
Appropriate personnel are consulted to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others involved on the work site.
Hardware and software needed for the work is obtained in accordance with established procedures and checked against job requirements.
Preparatory work is checked to ensure no damage has occurred and complies with requirements.
Set up, configure and maintain basic local area network.
OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
Layout of network hardware, cabling and outlets is determined from job specifications or in consultation with appropriate person(s).
Hardware is installed in accordance with network requirements. (See Note 1)
Network software is in installed and configured in accordance with network requirements. (See Note 2)
Network operations are tested and anomalies identified and corrected.
Reported network failures and faults are responded to and appropriate tools and methods are used to
Identified causes of reported problems are rectified and network is tested in accordance with established procedures.
Unexpected situations are dealt with safely and with the approval of an authorised person.
Set-up configuration and maintenance are carried out efficiently without waste of materials or damage to apparatus and the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy practices.
Complete work and document activities.
OHS risk control work completion measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures.
Network configuration and maintenance records are maintained in accordance with established procedures.
Service report is completed and forwarded to appropriate person(s) in accordance with established procedures.