Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEED113A, 'Install and administer Unix based networked computers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and administer Unix based networked computers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to install, upgrade and maintain network operations.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures are followed in preparation for the work.
The nature of the administration work is established from network specifications and in consultation with appropriate person(s).
Activities are planned to meet scheduled timelines in consultation with others involved in the work.
Unix system variants, versions and updates needed to maintain the computers and networks are identified and obtained in accordance with established procedures and checked against job requirements.
Install, upgrade and maintain Unix-based computers and network operations
OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
Unix operating system is installed upgraded and configured on computers and servers in accordance with developer’s instructions and network requirements.
Devices and drivers, desktop environment, network protocols and services and system security are implemented in accordance with requirements.
Access to resources is configured within the limitations specified for each users.
Unix-based network malfunctions are identified and rectified using logical techniques and drawing knowledge of devices and drivers, storage, basic network protocols, connections and services and system security configuration processes.
Network performance and reliability is monitored and optimised in accordance with established procedures.
Methods for dealing with unexpected situations are selected on the basis of safety and specified work outcomes.
Unix-based network administration is carried out efficiently without waste of materials and energy or damage to apparatus, the surrounding environment or other services.
Document network administration activities.
Written justification is produced for network upgrading and maintenance and appropriate person(s) notified in accordance with established procedures.
Network administration documentation are maintained in accordance with established procedures.