Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEED155A, 'Develop and validate biometric equipment_systems installation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and validate biometric equipment_systems installation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to develop and validate biometric equipment/systems installation and related instructions and validation
OHS processes and procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures are followed in preparation for the work.
Consideration is given to technical factors that will have an impact on the system installation in criminal, civil, and commercial settings.
The extent of the biometric database is identified and evaluated, including factors affecting the integration and application of proprietary or open source packages.
Evaluate for documenting the existing and planned technical and environmental requirements, including the enterprise.
Work team/group is arranged of appropriately competent persons in accordance with skills required to meet work outcomes and organisation’s established procedures.
The business requirements of the enterprise taking into account, existing and projected business model, organisational and information technology management structures and legal aspects of biometrics in Australia and overseas environments are analysed.
Activities are planned to meet scheduled timelines in consultation with others involved in the work.
Correct operation and safety of software, tools, equipment and testing devices needed to carry out the work are obtained and checked in accord requirements.
Work supervisor or customers are consulted to determine which functions of the system are to be used and the parameters of each, and written confirmation sought.
Develop and validate biometric equipment/systems installation and related instructions and validation
OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
Knowledge of technology of biometric systems, information technology, network security and other services, installation performance standards, compliance methods and service equipment when developing the biometric system are applied in accordance with requirements.
Development process for installation, equipment, instructions, and validation requirements of the biometric system are evaluated.
Safety, functional and budgetary considerations are incorporated in the installation plan analysis and evaluation.
Equipment required for the biometric system are validated in accordance with the developed plan and established procedures.
Australian and International standards and/or codes of practice are used to evaluate compliance.
Required status and parameters of each function of system devices are entered and set in accordance established procedures, manufacturers instructions and customer’s requirements.
Location of each device in the installation of the biometric system to ensure correct operation of system functions is documented.
Solutions to unplanned situation are provided that are consistent with legal requirements and established procedures.
Validate and report on biometric equipment/systems installation and related instructions and validation
The biometric system is tested for compliance requirements and in accordance with OHS requirements, requirements and established procedures
Operating anomalies are identified and reported in accordance with established routines.
Possible system malfunctions are identified during compliance testing using logical techniques drawing on knowledge of biometric systems.
Approaches to solving issues/problems are analysed to provide most effective solutions.
Work completion is documented and notified appropriate person(s) or persons in accordance with established procedures