Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEE005B, 'Fix and secure equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Fix and secure equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to fix and secure equipment.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
OHS risk control work preparation measures and procedures are followed.
The scope of work to be undertaken is obtained from documentation or from work supervisor.
Advice is sought from the work supervisor to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others.
Sources of materials that may be required for the work are identified and accessed in accordance with established procedures.
Fixing devices are selected for their suitable ability for the environment, the load they are to support and substratum's into which they are to be installed.
Supporting accessories/equipment is selected for suitability for the environment and ability to support and protect from damage that which they are intended to support.
Tools, equipment and testing devices needed to carry out the work are obtained and checked for correct operation and safety.
Install fixing and support devices.
Electrical isolation is arranged where work is within arm's reach of exposed conductive parts, plant or machinery in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures.
Other OHS risk control measures relevant to the work site are followed.
Fixing devices are installed in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
Support accessories/equipment is install accurately and to comply with technical standards and job specifications.
Work is carried out efficiently without waste of materials or damage to apparatus, circuits, the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy principles.
Complete fixing and support work.
OHS risk control work completion measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is tidied and tools and equipment cleaned and securely stored.
Appropriate personnel are notified of the work completion.