Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEE152A, 'Observe safety practices are followed in the vicinity of isolated electrical cables'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Observe safety practices are followed in the vicinity of isolated electrical cables' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to observe safety practices.
Instructions on the nature of the work to be undertaken are received and understood
Location of electrical cables in the vicinity of the work to be undertaken is received from person of higher authority
Access permit is sought from an authorised switching officer and received, read and understood after the electrical supply to cables in the vicinity of the work to be undertaken is isolated.
Safe working methods for plant, machinery and equipment to be used is reviewed and understood.
Observe safety practices
Work is observed to ensure safe working methods are followed.
Work within the vicinity of isolated electrical cables is observed to ensure they are not damaged or disturbed.
Unplanned events are dealt with in accordance with established procedures.
Take actions to mitigate risk
Work is stopped when a hazard arises that has not been previously identified
Newly identified hazards are referred to appropriate personnel for developing risk mitigation measures in accordance with establish consultation process.
Risk mitigation measures are monitored for continuous improvement in accordance with established procedures.
Observations of safe working practices and any corrective actions are documented in accordance with establish consultation process.