Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEG063A, 'Arrange circuits, control and protection for general electrical installations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Arrange circuits, control and protection for general electrical installations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to arrange electrical installations circuits, control and protection
The extent and nature of the electrical installation is determined from job specifications.
Safety and other regulatory requirements to which the electrical installation shall comply are identified, obtained and understood.
Load requirements for individual current-using equipment is determined from job specifications or from consultation with appropriate persons.
Arrange electrical installations circuits, control and protection
Circuits, control and protective devices are arranged to ensure safe and functional operation of the installation and to comply with technical standards and job specifications and requirements.
Earthing is arranged and terminated to comply with the MEN system requirements.
Protective devices are selected to meet the required switching and tripping currents, co-ordination and discrimination for overload and short-circuit protection.
Residual current devices are selected to meet the required circuit, switching and tripping currents required.
Switchgear/control gear is selected to meet current, voltage and IP ratings and functional requirements.
Switchboards are arranged to accommodate control and protective devices, links, safety services, and other distributor equipment in accordance with requirements.
Document electrical installation circuits, control and protection arrangements
Evidence is obtained from manufacturers/suppliers that electrical equipment selected complies with safety requirements.
Reasons for selections made, including calculations, are documented in accordance with established procedures.
Electrical installation arrangement and specifications for all selected items are documented in accordance with established procedures and forwarded to appropriate person(s).