Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEG076A, 'Install and replace low voltage current transformer metering'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and replace low voltage current transformer metering' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to install or replace CT energy metering.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
Health and safety risks are identified and established risk control measures and procedures in preparation for the work are followed.
Safety hazards that have not previously been identified are noted and established risk control measures are implemented. (Note 1: Examples of hazards likely to be encountered are asbestos reinforced switchboard panels, deteriorating switchgear and cabling and location of the switchboard.)
Switchboard on which the meter(s)/CTs is/are to be installed is inspected and evaluated for compliance with safety and functionality standards. (Note 2: Safety and functionality standards include the clear identification of switchboard components and their function, sound electrical insulation of wiring and components, sound MEN and main earth connections, fire integrity and access.)
Approval to rectify safety and/or functionality defects of the switchboard is sought from person of higher authority in accordance with established procedures.
Installation of the meter and rectification work is prepared in consultation with others affected by the work and sequenced appropriately.
Material needed for the work is obtained in accordance with established procedures and checked against job requirements.
Tools, equipment and testing devices needed to for the work are obtained in accordance with established procedures and checked for correct operation and safety.
Install or replace CT metering.
OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
The need to test or measure live is determined in strict accordance with OHS requirements and when necessary conducted within established safety procedures.
Existing metering is checked as being isolated in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures.
Approved rectification work is carried out to comply with standards and in accordance with established procedures.
Meters and CTs are installed/replaced to comply with technical standards and job specifications and requirements.
Metering power and communication connections (where necessary) are made in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and functional and regulatory requirements.
Meter operating parameters are set in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and functional and regulatory requirements.
Unexpected situations are dealt with safely and with the approval of an authorised person
Ongoing checks of the quality of installed apparatus are undertaken in accordance with established procedures.
Metering/CT installation is carried out efficiently without unnecessary waste of materials or damage to apparatus, circuits, the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy principles.
Complete and report metering installation activities.
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed and supply is reinstated to the installation.
Work site is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures.
Final checks are made to that the installed metering and CTs conform to requirements.
'As-installed' metering and CTs and rectification work is documented and appropriate persons notified in accordance with established procedures.