Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEG158A, 'Conduct electrical tests on HV electrical machines'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct electrical tests on HV electrical machines' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to conduct electrical tests on three phase induction machines.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood.
Established OHS risk control measures for work preparation are followed.
The extent of the work is determined from job sheets, specifications and regulatory requirements.
Advice is sought from the work supervisor to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others.
Winding data is obtained from winding data records or directly from measurements of stator and recorded in accordance with established procedures.
Winding is stripped from stator in accordance with established procedures.
Materials required for the work are obtained in accordance with established procedures.
Tools, equipment and testing devices needed to carry out the work are obtained and checked for correct operation and safety.
Conduct electrical tests on three phase induction machines.
Established OHS risk control work measures are followed.
Machines/equipment are checked as being isolated where necessary in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures. (See Note 1)
All necessary HV electrical tests are conducted to established cause of faults or operational condition of the machine.
Status of the machine is determined from test results and recorded.
Prescribed solutions are used to resolve work completion issues.
Routine quality checks are conducted to ensure coils are correctly wound with correct wire, number of turns and shape.
Work is completed in acceptable timeframe given environment and workplace conditions.
Complete work report.
OHS measures work completion risk controls are followed.
The status of the machine is documented in accordance with established procedures and appropriate person(s) notified.