Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEG197A, 'Apply currency of safe working practices and compliance verification of electrical installations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply currency of safe working practices and compliance verification of electrical installations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to enter a work area and verify compliance of an electrical installation
Work area access permits are obtained from appropriate personnel according to established procedures
Safe work methods for controlling risk obtained, read and understood prior to undertaking a work activity.
Preparations for electrical and non-electrical isolation are carried out to prevent creation of hazards from loss of machine/system/process control according to established procedures.
Documentation or deemed to comply standard on which installation is based is reviewed and understood.
Appropriate personnel are consulted to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others involved on the work site.
Tools and equipment needed for the work are checked for safety and correct functionality according to established procedures and regulatory requirements.
Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control
Hazards are identified and control measures implemented and monitored through active participation in the consultation process with employer and other employees.
Hazards in the work area are recognised and reported to appropriate personnel according to established procedures.
OHS records of incidents are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements and established procedures.
Workplace instructions and training are followed accurately within established procedures.
Apply safe working practices to verifying compliance of an electrical installation
Safe work methods for controlling risk are followed accurately.
Workplace procedures for dealing with accidents, fires and emergencies are followed according to work procedures and scope of responsibility and competencies.
The need to test or measure live is determined in strict accordance with OHS requirements and when necessary conducted within established safety procedures.
Compliance of the electrical equipment and as it is installed is ascertained by visual inspection in accordance with current standards and regulatory requirements.
Mandatory tests are conducted to ascertain the compliance of the safety parameters of installed circuits, switchgear, protection and earthing in accordance with current standards and regulatory requirements.
Report compliance findings.
OHS risk control work completion measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures.
Non-compliance defects are identified and reported in accordance with current standards and regulatory requirements.
Recommendations for rectifying defects are made in accordance with established procedures.
Mandatory documentation is completed in accordance with current standards and regulatory requirements.