Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEH061B, 'Position and terminate fire detection and warning system apparatus'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Position and terminate fire detection and warning system apparatus' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to assemble and set up basic fire detection and warning systems.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood through established routines.
Established OHS risk control measures are followed in preparation for the work.
Safety hazards that have not previously been identified are reported and advise on risk control measures are sought from the work supervisor.
The nature and location of the work is obtained from work supervisor or other appropriate person to establish the scope of work to be undertaken.
Advice is sought from the work supervisor or other appropriate person to ensure the work is co-ordinated effectively with others.
Sources of materials that may be required for the work are established in accordance with established routines.
Tools, equipment and testing devices needed to carry out the work are obtained and checked for correct operation and safety.
Assemble and set up basic fire detection and warning systems.
Established OHS risk control measures for carrying out the work are followed.
Circuits/machines/plant are checked as being isolated where necessary in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures.
Fire protection controller and detection and warning devices are located for optimum performance within limitation imposed by customers and regulations.
Accessories are installed straight and square in the required locations and within acceptable tolerances.
Cables and conductors are terminated at accessories in accordance with manufacture's specifications and regulatory requirements.
Procedures for referring non-routine events to immediate supervisor for directions are followed.
Fire protection installation is carried out efficiently without waste of materials or damage to apparatus, circuits or the surrounding environment and using sustainable energy practices.
Set up basic fire detection and warning systems.
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures.
Fire protection system is documented in accordance with regulatory requirement and established routines.